It is really important to look after your sexual health, whether it is about sexually transmitted infection (STIs) or understanding what kinds of contraception is available to you, to keep you safe and healthy.
What services are available?
There are a number of services available, including:
- General sex advice, counselling, and support
- Testing and advice on sexual transmitted disease and sexual transmitted diseases, available by visiting a clinic or using the ‘Test-at-Home’ service which tests for Chlamydia, Gonorrhoea, Syphilis & HIV
- Contraception, including emergency contraception, long-acting reversible contraceptives (LARC) and most other forms of contraception. There is also information and services around obtaining a vasectomy.
- Free condom service for young people through the eC-Card scheme and App.
- Pregnancy testing
- Safe sex advice and guidance
How do I access the service?
Visit the SH:24 website to find out more.
Essex Services (excluding Thurrock and Southend)
Terrence Higgins Trust work as one of the partners of Essex Sexual Health Service, providing a number of services across Essex including
- Sexual health training to professionals and community groups
- Relationship and sexual health education (RSHE) and support
- Health promotion and outreach
- Community sexual health testing
For more information or to access a THT service please visit https://www.tht.org.uk/our-services/essex-and-thurrock-services or contact [email protected]