What is the NHS App?
The NHS App is a simple and secure way to access a range of NHS services on your smartphone or tablet.
Who is it suitable for?
The NHS App is available to anybody 13+ and registered with their local GP in England.
Services available on the NHS App:
- share your COVID-19 status – view and share proof of your COVID-19 status for travel.
- get advice about coronavirus – get information about coronavirus and find out what to do if you think you have it.
- order repeat prescriptions – see your available medicines, request a new repeat prescription and choose a pharmacy for your prescriptions to be sent to.
- book appointments – search for, book and cancel appointments at your GP surgery. See details of your upcoming and past appointments.
- get health advice – search trusted NHS information and advice on hundreds of conditions and treatments. You can also answer questions to get instant advice and medical help near you.
- view your health record – securely access your GP health record to see information like your allergies and your current and past medicines. If your GP surgery has given you access to your detailed medical record, you can also see information like test results and details of your consultations.
- register to be an organ donor – choose to donate some or all of your organs and check your registered decision.
- find out how the NHS uses your data – choose if data from your health records is shared for research and planning.
- view your NHS number – find out what your NHS number is.
To find out about new features, go to the NHS App.
Once you have downloaded the App, you will need to set up a login to prove your identity. The app will then securely connect you to the information from your surgery.
If your device supports fingerprint detection or facial recognition, you can use it to log in to the NHS App each time, instead of using a password and security code.Get support with ordering prescriptions via the NHS App Get support with appointments and online consultations via the NHS App NHS account and NHS App help and support